How much cash do you need?
Your rights as an individual.
From the 25th May 2018 you will have revised rights under the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These are:-
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information on the above is available from the ‘Information Commissioner’s Office’ website.
WHO WE ARE
Serpable Ltd are authorised and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority as a credit broker under Firm Ref 799104. Serpable Ltd is registered in England and Wales, Company No 10699069, registered office: Collingbourne Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH6 5QR.
Serpable Ltd controls any information which you provide on this website, and those listed below, and is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) under reference number ZA248554.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
The following Information about you may be collected and processed by us:
- Details that you provide to us directly by visiting our website and by filling in any forms on our website This includes using our online services, completing a loan enquiry form, requesting a quote, becoming a newsletter subscriber and applying for any other product or service on our site
- Details of any transactions that you carry out through our system, including information of your visit to our website and details of any resources accessed when using our website
- Details that you may provide to us when contacting us
- Details that you have consented to being passed to us by our affiliates, partners and brokers
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT COULD BE COLLECTED
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to protect your personal data we have strict security measures in place:
- We use secure servers to store your data. These are treated as confidential and are not accessible to the public
- The data is only accessible (by means of user log in and password credentials) to those of our own employees or those third parties who need to know such information in order to deliver our products and services
- In order to identify security threats, and to ensure continued security, Serpable routinely evaluates its data security procedures – the integrity of our servers is of paramount importance to us
We will not store your personal details beyond the legally-permitted period and so records we hold relating to you will be entirely deleted from our servers at the point we can no longer legally retain them.
Although Serpable aims, and takes all possible measures to completely protect your data, we are unable to guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. Data transmission over the internet can be an insecure method of communication. It may be possible for third parties outside of the control of Serpable to access the data you are communicating to us whilst the transmission is in process and neither Serpable or you would be aware.
IF WE USE YOUR INFORMATION, HOW WILL WE USE IT?
Serpable Ltd is the sole owner of the information collected from our sites. Our sites collect personally-identifiable information from our users at several different points on our website. Our sites collect demographic information about you, (such as name, age and address) and answers to specific questions asked by our sites, its clients or sponsors. This data will be used in order to process and submit your enquiry to our partners. It may also be used by Serpable and carefully selected third parties to contact you by email, SMS, post, telephone or other appropriate means, with communications about their products or services, who may be in a position to help you; examples are such as:
- Credit brokers
- Unsecured loans provider, secured loans providers, short term lenders, alternative lenders, peer to peer lender, guarantor lenders
- Prepayment card and bank account providers
- Car finance, logbook loan lenders
- Insurance services such as car insurance, home and contents insurance
- Debt and property possession adjusters/advisers
- Utility switching agents
- Debt management companies, insolvency practitioners, bankruptcy specialists
- Equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers
We may use any of this information in the following ways:
- To make sure that the content that you see from our website is presented to you and your computer in an effective manner
- To provide you with services, products, information or special offers that we feel may be of interest to you or that you have requested from our website, where you have shown consent to be contacted for such purposes; please see table below for the industry types you can expect to receive services, products, information or special offers from. This may include entities not based within the European Economic Area (EEA) or entities which have a presence outside of the EEA despite their main business being conducted within the confines of the EEA. When dealing with such third parties, we ask them to confirm that they will ensure your data is used, stored and transferred according to the applicable regulations of the EEA – your data should not be treated any differently than if the entity was operating within the EEA. By using our website, this is your confirmation that you agree to such use, storage and transfer of your data
- To confirm that the information that we hold about you is current and up-to-date via third party providers of such services, to include phone, e-mail, SMS and postal verification methods, to inform you about the changes and upcoming services through our website
- To respond to your Customer Service enquiries or to handle complaints effectively – we have a duty to ensure that we are corresponding with the person whose details we will be discussing and we like to have your application history in front of us when responding to your Customer Services contact with us to give you the speediest resolution possible
- If we are legally obliged to allow other parties access to your personal data in order to comply with any law or regulation or when we seek to protect our commercial interests through any means open to us in law
- In order to allow an affiliate who introduces customers to us, to know how to bill us for their services
- Should we be bought by an external entity the personal data held by us about our customers will be one of our assets and as such will be transferred at the point of sale
- To undertake improvement to our websites and application processes
PASSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES – WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
You are also agreeing that our lenders, brokers and financial solution providers may use Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FRAs) to assess your credit (please see below for further